The Benefits of Concrete Landscape EdgingJanuary 27, 2017
Give Your Landscape a New Spring Look With Tree Lighting SystemsMarch 16, 2017
Outdoor lighting is one of the most important ways to provide security for your home. Here are just some of the reasons why this type of lighting renders your home safer:
- Outdoor lighting can help deter burglars and other intruders. Here’s the thing – if your home is well-lit, you’re much less likely to be burglarized than not. Why? Simple! Burglars search for homes that look to be unoccupied or dark, and they do no typically go for homes that are lit-up. So, homeowners that utilize outdoor lighting as part of their security plan are helping to reduce the risk of an intruder! It’s true.
- Your yard will be safer. Lighting control for your home security system is important, because it makes your yard safer! We’re not just talking from potential intruders – outdoor lighting illuminates your pathways and the previously dark corners of your yard, which means that you and your loved ones will have a lower risk of being injured when you’re walking around your yard at night.
And, here are some important home security lighting tips to keep in mind:
- Consider installing dual flood lights that have motion sensors
- Keep your landscape lighting on from dawn until twilight
- Don’t neglect the back of your home
- Use timers on your indoor lights in various rooms
- Use LED light bulbs, to help minimize cost
- Always use garden lights with motion detectors
Contact the Lighting Pros!
Do you have questions or concerns about lighting control for your home security system? Here at NTX Outdoor Lighting, we’re proud to offer truly superior landscape design & lighting services. Our lighting experts provide personalized, high-quality design plans that cater to each of our client’s visions for their home. Call us today at 682-707-5578 to learn more about our services! We’re always happy to offer our assistance.